Monday, February 7, 2011

Trip to Lala Land

So I guess the reason they call it lala land is because people are crazy to pay this much money to live there! When you are paying an arm and a leg to live in New York it's because you actually live closer to infamy and celebrities. I expect to rub elbows with SJP in the elevator at work, in LA I didn't see one notable celebrity randomly walking down the street. The other thing is, when people talk about LA they mention how relaxed and free they are ... I think that relaxed attitude is confused with being lazy. No one is ever in a rush. My theory is since everything happens on the east coast three hours before LA hears about it, west coast people are like "oh well, we already missed it, no point in rushing now!"
It's weird, the way we value time in the city. Nothing is on time, everything is late and needed five minutes ago; ah, the value of a New York Minute...
Getting back to LA, women there dress to impress. You would think, NYC, a fashion city and no one looks very fashionable. Women walk around New York looking like they haven't slept in days and validate it with the trenta size latte from Starbucks (by the way, a trenta holds a whole bottle of wine ... wowzers I'm trying that one and will report back). Anyhoo, everyone I met looked like they were on their way to a photo shoot be it a fashion magazine or a comic book - beauties and cartoon characters make up this town. It was interesting, by the time I got use to the time difference and began to feel like a homeless person in my daily get-ups, it was time to leave.

Then, I stepped off the plane and into a blizzard ... the blistering cold stung my sunburn.  Thanks New York, oh how I missed thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...