Sunday, March 13, 2011

And sometimes you just know...

Follow  my blog with bloglovin
Has anyone ever revealed to you that some friends can be toxic?? Yes. The toxic friend. You know that friend that really doesn't give a crap about you, but they are a lot of fun?! The ebb and flow of the relationship is just as destructive as an over flowing toilet. No one likes to clean up the mess and pending the situation you might be knee deep in poo. Those toxic people are all around, my roommate is still friends with that psycho-kleptomaniac that used to live with us and I have witness a toxic or two incognito as man stealers. Back in high school during my I'm trying to be cool years, I had one of these toxics in my life. At the time I was the only one that could drive and she convinced me it would be cool to go joy riding in the middle of school. Well since this was my first time in the cool crowd and I didn't want to disappoint - I cut class and there we went piled into my VW bug and headed to the McDonald's on the other side of the tracks. Thinking and praying that I didn't run into my dad (and practically having my stomach drop every time we passed a black Lexus) all seemed to be going well... And then a little red light came on in my car - engine, dying. Immediately, I started to cry pulled over and saw bright red liquid pouring out the bottom of the car. I called my mechanic who told me that was a really bad sign and I should stop driving immediately or the engine would blow. Why me, right? Of course, we were no where near school, how was I going to explain to my dad what happened? So I lied. And if anyone knows me, I'm a terrible liar. I blackout, forget my story and get in even more trouble. Anyhoo, my so called "friend" this whole time is giving me horrible advice telling me to ditch the car and hope someone steals it. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Needless to say joy ride over, we stopped being friends and I was grounded for a week.
Again, one of these lessons learned -why didn't any one tell me that they aren't your friends if they tell you to skip school and go joy riding in the hood?
After Prom 2005 with Shan

Out of the phase, no longer susceptible to peer pressure and balanced by my ever So True friends, I embraced my nerdy self... ahhh much better (minus the acrylic nails).

4 comments:

  1. Your comment is awaiting moderation.

    New follower from blog hop Monday! Hope you could follow me back!
    http://aimee-girltalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I'm at work and dying laughing at this post. I know the feeling. So happy Tina directed me to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hannah! I love your little gems. Did you hear about Monday Blog Hop??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...