Friday, April 15, 2011

Are these the days of our lives?

As most of you know, I'm an avid reality tv show watcher (I'm hoping they find a support group for people like me) - luckily I'm over the housewives and onto the Kardashians. Well, after this week's premiere of the Khloe and Lamar show, I might be looking for a new reality show family to watch. I was very disappointed! Typecasting Lamar and his father as the typical Black father/son relationship - coming out the wood works for money, tickets and fame. Then Khloe seems totally surprised by it like, "I can't believe his family would do this" (insert blank stare). I think we're watching the ethnic 2011 version of Newlyweds.

I'm getting a little tired of reality tv, it's the same stories, same stereotypes being scripted (yes scripted) and brought to life. Can't we go back to the ridiculous story plots soap operas were bringing to life? Nope. Those are being canceled, one after another... One life to live, All My Children -- what's next Days of our Lives? I can't bear the thought of Stefano disappearing forever! 

I guess as long as Hallmark and WEtv still re-run Golden Girls, that's where you'll find me every night at 11:00 PM. Yes, the AARP version of Sex and the City.

Sophia: Why do blessings wear
disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked.

Classic.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by - hope you love :) Just signed up for A Taste of T!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...