Monday, January 3, 2011

Write a little, run a little

My first post of the new year... Well, this holiday, I spent the season with my boyfriend and his family in Arizona. Oh yea, 70 degree weather! While I was there, Harriet the Spy came on, which is by far my favorite movie - even to this day. The concept is simple she writes because, she wants to remember everything and know everything. This thinking also lead to her espionage, but nonetheless - it's true. Is it possible this movie I watched when I was nine took this many years to figure out what it all really means?
2010 was a year to pick up the pieces, but in the end I figured out a few things. I write because I believe writers understand a truth that not all can see and real writers are able to make this truth beautiful;  "beauty is truth, truth beauty. That is all ye know on earth and all ye need to know" - John Keats.
I run because I like the sound that my anxiety and negative thoughts make chasing behind me consistently slower than my own pace. When I run, all my affirmations, day dreams and counting over power so nothing but steady breathing and progression happen in the span of a run.

Get it yet? Two things. Truth and beauty, for me writing and running. At least now I know what I can do to get me through the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...