Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dear Body, what's wrong with thee?

Follow my blog with bloglovin
Slight realization this week, my body is getting older. I'm only 24, yes - but my bod just isn't reacting to things as it used to. I'm not looking forward to my metabolism slowing, child bearing hips and crackling ankles. I went on my 12 mile run this week (in preparation for the NJ marathon) I came back feeling great... and then it hit me, queasy, achy and without an appetite. Bed stricken for a good 24 hours, got me thinking: what did I sign up for? Training is getting a little challenging this year. Work stress, less sleep, trying to avoid being a hermit - all make for a less than desirable candidate for a marathon. It's not the same training and working versus training and college. You had all the time in the world in college, made your hours and had time for a 2 hour run. Now it's less about filling time than it is establishing a commitment and adding it to the to-do list. I would beg for extra hours in a day and now I spend extra time running. As rationale, I guess if I have a few hours, it might as well be used in my solace. Where are all the twenty-year old runners that are having this transition issue? Oh I know, they aren't ready to admit that at their age, 20 is becoming the new 30 and 40s are rolling back the clock. And when did I start to feel my age? Here's the deal, I told my bod healthier foods that are packed with energy and anti-oxidants are on the way. I figure I'll start taking the advice I've been hearing since college - enjoy my body, protect it, start good habits.

Keep you posted - dear readers (and runners).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...