Saturday, March 5, 2011

A little R&R

Follow  my blog with bloglovin
Day one of my cabin fever - I've been sick all week and now I'm ready to leave. Remember that body realization I had this week in Dear Body, what's wrong with thee? well turns out the flu like symptoms were a virus. Going back to the origins of those viral symptoms, I forgot to record my run in with the crazy drug head on Sunday night before church. Yes, a crack head - stalked me at the 125th subway, slobbering, pigeon-toed and disgusting looking, yelling at me to leave the station. Needless to say, once I got away unscathed I thought of all the things I shoulda coulda done. Like kick her!! Everyone knows people who are high lack in the reflex department... Anyhoo since she touched me when she pushed me and tried to grab my purse, I blame this virus and my sentence to the bed on her. Thanks, and no thanks.

While I'm resting, I'm also thinking - worrying is more like it, because I'm worried this week being sick has set back my training plan. I'm concerned I won't be ready for May 1st (marathon). Luckily, I have a great friend and forever running partner that reassured me that in fact it takes your body three weeks to become out of shape. So this one week and subsequent week of rebuilding should not put me off track. Before talking to my friend, I tried writing, tweeting and searching running forums for an answer from someone else who's been in my position, but nothing on record. So I'm marking this as high priority anyone in training, this will not set you back (fingers crossed, will report back in two months). It also a bit ambitious to think that within 16 weeks training for a spring race, with most of the training at the tail end of flu season that you will be healthy through that whole time.

And if you aren't training for anything, except that extra special stressful work week, good hydration and nutrition can of course keep you on track - unless you run into a crazy in the subway and then you're out of luck.

Write to you soon my dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...