Friday, March 25, 2011

Roller coaster called my life

This week has been a trip. I went from feeling like I've been broken up with on a post-it to attending a swanky party at 1-OAK and then preparing for my eighteen mile run tomorrow. I won't revel in the planning aspects for my run OR the annoying random mis-happenings of the week, so I will tell you about the party.
Eliza and I at Platform H fundraiser: SOS Japan
First, apologies in advance to my readers from the ivy leagues, but being in a crowd of ivy leaguers brings a different attitude and style. It's like a premature billionaire boys club with anticipations to one day rule the world. If you have every hung out with a crowd like this you know what I mean. Never condescending, but always on a pedestal. They definitely know how to have a good time, but if I have to pay 20 dollars for a mixed drink that isn't used with top shelf alcohol it should come with an appetizer.

Highlight of my night was walking into the bar with my sequins dress and seeing someone wearing the same thing. She went home to change. WINNING.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love your comment about the Ivy League's boy's club. Although I have to say I kind of like it because our friends in this group are on a whole different maturity level and aren't just your average Joe's. It makes our conversations much more interesting and my husband and I walk away from our social events going oh that was so much fun- I learned this and that and met so and so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becca! yes totally agree with you. The boys I hung out with were awesome easy to have a conversation with, and know how to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...